Thursday, January 31, 2008

This week has been super busy. I haven't meant to ignore the blog but things just got crazy. I arrived home this past Sunday and went straight out to dinner with some girlfriends and their husbands. It was so much fun. Monday, we celebrated Holden's birthday since Chris would not be here. Tuesday, Holden's birthday Chris flew out to Minneapolis and forgot his jacket. I am still laughing at that. Yesterday Brodie learned to ride a bike without training wheels. Now..It is Thursday and I am finishing up all my projects, putting the laundry away and packing because I am heading back out to Pittsburgh tomorrow. The week really does fly by!

So today is/was chemo day. This would be her second week. Well, on Monday she started feeling slight flu symptoms, some mouth pain/sensitivity & a rash. Of course, she isn't saying much about these symptoms or complaining about them but they are there. Well, she went in for her second IV of gemcitibine and my Mom showed them her rash. I guess the rash is on her abdomen and now spreading on her legs. So...they cancelled all chemo this week. I guess the rash could be systemic and cause an infection. So no IV and no laptinib pills this week. We'll go back and restart things next week. The good news is my Mom's blood work was great. Kidney and liver functions are great. White blood cells are good too. These are big positives to focus on!

I still hope to get something up about the retreat but probably not until I am back home on Sunday. I will post this weekend with pictures from my visit.

Danielle

No comments: