Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Two weeks ago today I found out my Mom's liver enzymes were high. I would never have imagined on that day where we are all today. I am not tortured in my thoughts as I thought I would be here in Columbus. Instead, I feel moments of disbelief like it never happened. Life is too normal here. The laundry is piled up, the Christmas decorations are still up, the kids are still begging to be fed and with all that I forget. Unfortunately, it is never long and it floods my body and makes me feel like a shell of my old self with everything broken inside. Hour by hour I will get through this day.

My Mom's spirits are good. She is still feeling discomfort from the surgery. Hopefully that will be gone by the end of the week. Today, she will be talking to the medical oncologists to confirm her first chemo appointment. I think I mentioned before that she will be doing another study for metastatic pancreatic cancer. She will be taking gemicitabine & lapatinib. The gemicitabine is the standard chemo but the lapatinib is not normally used in pancreatic cancer. Instead it is used to stop the blood supply of the metastatic tumors in breast cancer. The hope is that it will work in the same way or better and reduce the tumors in the liver.
Please continue to pray
That my mom is filled with constant peace
That the pain from the surgery will subside
That the chemo will reduce and eliminate the cancer from my mom's body
For total healing

Much Love,
Danielle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think her picture looks amazing. Thanks for sharing the photos. We continue to send our love your way.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Danielle-we had dinner with your mom last night and she looked so good-her color was great-we talked cruise stuff and fingernail stuff-it is such a relief to hear her voice, see her smiling face and be able to tell her we love her and miss her so much. She is in everyone's prayers-she has to get better.

Anonymous said...

Danielle - I have to say that this entire thing is surreal. When we came over during the holidays we were concerned with our family's stomach flu dilemma, and that seemed like such a major deal at the time. Marilyn, you, Chris, Matt, the boys, everyone looked great. To be less than three weeks away from that reality, and to have your family now face such a great challenge, is mind boggling. You guys are in my thoughts constantly, and I'm always trolling the internet looking for ways to beat cancer. I think the only thing that works is hope, so I'm just going to spend all my time from now on hoping and praying that Marilyn can beat this, and be here with us many more years. I know she's strong (and the pictures look great). We're thinking about you, and looking forward to seeing everyone at the wedding in September.

Send my love to your mom!! Joe