Acts 2:25-28 I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore, my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will live in hope, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence
My friend Marla gave me this verse a month ago through her blog. I have read it over and over again and I know I will continue to read it as we start our fight!
Today was filled with everything healthy. We woke up this morning and I made my Mom breakfast. It was awful. I made her real oatmeal but I wouldn't allow her to have any sugar. Sugar feeds cancer and her cancer isn't going to get a drop of it. So after our disgusting breakfast we headed off to Whole Foods to fuel my Mom's body with amazing nutrients to kick this cancer out. So we filled our cart with wonderful organic fruits and vegetables. We found vegan meat..which is really not meat. We are going wheat and sugar free as these will feed the cancer and the good veggies will bring oxygen to her body and cancer can not live in a an oxygenated area. So we are off to a great start.
Also, yesterday my mom spoke with 3 or 4 survivors of cancer. Two pancreatic and the other two were different cancers but they were not given much of a survival rate. They were filled with so much inspiration and hope. They will also be able to give my Mom something we can not and that is their experience. One of the woman asked my mom to call her anytime she is feeling down or questions how she is feeling. My Mom needs this support system. One book, and yes I have already read 2 books on beating cancer, says create your cancer posse. My Mom already has hers. She will be able to talk to people and not feel alone.
I will hear when the surgery is scheduled tomorrow!
Much Love
Danielle
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Danielle,
I miss you! Tell your mom I am thinking of her alot and continue to say prayers for her.
Love you!
Joy
D,
I know this is a lttle long, but I wanted to share it with you. I just received this email this morning. I didn't think you were checking emails so I thought I would post it to your blog. Your mom is in our prayers every night and Carson asks me every morning if Cole's Mimi is getting better.
This is an absolutely incredible interview with Rick Warren,
author of
"Purpose Driven Life." His wife now has cancer,
and he now has "wealth"
from the book sales. In the
interview by Paul Bradshaw with Rick Warren, Rick
said:
"People ask me, "What is the purpose of life?" And
I respond: In a nutshell, life is preparation for eternity.
We were made to last forever, and God wants us to be with
Him in Heaven.
One day my heart is going to stop, and that
will be the end of my
body--but not the end of me. I may
live 60 to 100 years on earth, but I
am going to spend
trillions of years in eternity. This is the warm-up
act -
the dress rehearsal.
God wants us to practice on
earth what we will do forever
in eternity. We were made by God and for
God, and until
you figure that out, life isn't going to make sense.
Life
is a series of problems: Either you are in one now,
you're
just coming out of one, or you're getting ready to
go
into another one.
The reason for this is that God is
more interested in your
character than your comfort. God is more
interested in
making your life holy than He is in making your life
happy.
We can be reasonably happy here on earth, but that's
not
the goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in
Christ
likeness. This past year has been the greatest year of
my
life but also the toughest, with my wife, Kay, getting
cancer.
I used to think that life was hills and valleys - you
go
through a dark time, then you go to the mountaintop,
back
and forth. I don't believe that anymore.
Rather than
life being hills and valleys, I believe that
it's kind of like two
rails on a railroad track, and at all
times you have something good and
something bad in your life.
No matter how good things are in your life,
there is always
something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter
how
bad things are in your life, there is always something
good
you can thank God for.
You can focus on your
purposes, or you can focus on your
problems. If you focus on your
problems, you're going into
self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my
issues, my pain."
But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to
get
your focus off yourself and onto God and others.
We
discovered quickly that in spite of the prayers of hundreds
of
thousands of people, God was not going to heal Kay or
make it easy for
her. It has been very difficult for her,
and yet God has strengthened
her character, given her a
ministry of helping other people, given her
a testimony,
drawn her closer to Him and to people. You have to
learn
to deal with both the good and the bad of
life.
Actually, sometimes learning to deal with the good is
harder.
For instance, this past year, all of a sudden, when
the
book sold 15 million copies, it made me instantly
very
wealthy. It also brought a lot of notoriety that I
had
never had to deal with before. I don't think God gives
you
money or notoriety for your own ego or for you to live
a
life of ease.
So I began to ask God what He wanted me to
do with this money,
notoriety and influence. He gave me two different
passages
that helped me decide what to do, II Corinthians 9 and Psalm
72.
First, in spite of all the money coming in, we would
not
change our lifestyle one bit. We made no major
purchases.
Second, about midway through last year, I stopped
taking
a salary from the church. Third, we set up foundations
to
fund an initiative we call The Peace Plan to plant
churches,
equip leaders, assist the poor, care for the sick,
and
educate the next generation. Fourth, I added up all
that
the church had paid me in the 24 years since I started
the
church, and I gave it all back. It was liberating to be
able
to serve God for free .
We need to ask ourselves: Am
I going to live for possessions?
Popularity? Am I going to be driven by
pressures? Guilt?
Bitterness? Materialism? Or am I going to be driven
by God's
purposes (for my life)?
When I get up in the
morning, I sit on the side of my bed
and say, God, if I don't get
anything else done today, I
want to know You more and love You better.
God didn't put
me on earth just to fulfill a to-do
list.
He's more interested in what I am than what I do.
That's
why we're called human beings, not human doings.
Happy
moments, PRAISE GOD. Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments,
WORSHIP GOD. Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
I will be calling my Vegan Doctors in Kokomo for any advice. They have a lot of experiences and success at fighting cancer! Love ya!!!! Praying everyday for you and Mom.
Post a Comment