Maybe she isn't having a ball right now, but she is enjoying everyday. She is in good spirits and feels so much more in control.
Sorry for the late post. My son, Brodie, somehow disabled my keyboard. I had geek squad out here today and as you can see it is fixed but they have no idea how he did it!! I felt like I was on a stranded island without my computer. I didn't realize how much I depend on it everyday maybe even every hour.
Tuesday was great for my Mom. She went to work at South Park Middle School. It was an in-service day. She had a great day seeing everyone. The hope is that she will be able to go back for several days each week during chemo. We are all hoping that it works out exactly the way she wants.
Yesterday was her follow up check up with Dr. Moser, the surgical oncologist. My Mom, Dad & sister knew there was the possibility of more bad news. The appointment was one to check the wounds from the laparoscopic surgery and to get the pathology results from the biopsy of the liver and they also did a fluid sampling from the stomach. We have all been uneasy about these results. Well, my Mom wanted to do kart wheels out of the appointment. The biopsy of the liver showed very little cancer. We knew it was malignant so very little cancer is great news rather than riddled in cancer!! Also, the stomach fluid was negative for cancer cells. YEAH!!!! Let me finish it off with more great news.....my Mom put on 5 pounds!!!
In 1 hour my Mom has her first Chemo treatment. It breaks my heart that I am not there sitting with her but I know she is in good hands and spirits with my Dad.
Please continue to pray that My Mom is:
Filled with constant peace
The Chemo will kill the cancer cells
Her energy level will remain and nausea will subside
Her appetite and weight continues to increase
For total healing.
I will post tonight about her chemo appointment. Then I am back in the burgh tomorrow.
Danielle
Here are more pics from my visit.
Cole & Aunt Jen
My Mom and her great, traveling, school friends.Kathy, Karen, Mom & Lenny
Sorry Karen. I didn't have one picture with your eyes open. Next time!!

1 comment:
It's truly wonderful to read this post about your mother - not just the great test results, gaining weight, good spirits, but the fact that she is keeping her life "normal" and positive by returning to school. While I know there will be some rough days ahead with the chemo, we continue to pray for her to be a peace, in good positive spirits, responsive to her treatments, surrounded by those she loves, and that she continues to WIN this battle. If you need anything, please ask. I know this is difficult for you, but your mom is so blessed to have you there. Much Love, Allyson
Post a Comment