Snuggles with Poppy
Breakfast at Kings on Saturday
Dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market
Picture taken by Cole!
Where do I even start! Well, the tests went well for my Mom this past Thursday and Friday. She will have her first Chemo on Thursday. She will receive the gemcitabine through IV and the Laptinib in pill form. So, the schedule this week will be: Monday - Organize life. Tuesday - In-service day at South Park and she will be there. Wednesday - Follow up appt with Dr. Moser & a fabulous short hair cut to get ready for chemo. Thursday - Chemo at Hillman at 11:00am Friday - I arrive back in Pittsburgh!
So we had a really nice weekend but we were given some sad news. First, one of our neighbors of 32 years was diagnosed this past week with pancreatic cancer. What are the chances of 2 woman 2 doors away having the same cancer diagnosed 10 days apart. Please pray for their family as I know the heart ache this brings them all. Our neighbor was called this past Friday and was told she will be in the same study as my mom. It is all too bizarre that this is happening to 2 families on Deepwood Dr. Please keep them in your prayers!
Also, My wonderful sister-in-law, Jen (Chris's sister) had her tonsils out almost 2 weeks ago. She has had many complications with her surgery. Her tongue swelled, she became dehydrated, and this past Friday she hemorrhaged. She was rushed to the hospital at State College and they cauterized the wound. Unfortunately, later that night she hemorrhaged again and this time they life flighted her to Hershey Medical complex. She had another surgery to stop the bleeding. She is stable now and resting. Please pray for Jen that her body will be healed. She is a mom to 4 small children and they need her extra healthy!
I had a great weekend in Pittsburgh. My Mom & I shopped on Saturday morning, took Christmas decorations down, entertained some friends and neighbors and then had the best family dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market. Today was wonderful watching my Mom sing in the choir at mass and then we all spent time together at lunch. I arrived home safe and sound. I'll will probably post on Wed & Thurs of this week.
I hope you all have a great week and please continue to pray for my Mom, our neighbor & my sister-in-law, Jen for total healing.
Love Danielle
3 comments:
Wow..God works in weird ways sometimes. Now your mom will have a friend who will share with her each step of this treatment. I'll pray for complete healing for each of them. I'll also pray for your sis in law...as always I'm praying for you my dear friend~ All my best!
Danielle - Michelle passed this on to me. I can't believe all of this! I will be praying for your mom and your family! She looks great in the pictures. Hope you are ok. Jen
Danielle, thank you for the blog spot. I was glad to see your Mom at King's on Sunday and will continue to pray for you and the family. I will also keep your neighbor and sister-in-law in my prayers. God bless all of you.
Paulette
Post a Comment