Saturday, January 12, 2008

"We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair, struck down but not destroyed...therefore we do not lose heart." 2 Corinthians 5:8

I am sorry I didn't write last night. We did not leave the hospital until 10pm and my heart was too broken to put in words.

My Mom went into surgery to try to locate & biopsy the spots that were visible on the cat scan. Unfortunately, there was another spot on the top of the liver and it was definitely malignant. So we know the cancer has left the pancreas and we will fight it accordingly. She will be starting chemo on Thursday. Please continue to pray
My Mom is filled with peace
Her appetite & weight increases
The chemo will kill the cancer and not leave her sick and weak

Please continue to lift her and the family up in prayers.

Danielle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Danielle,
I have been praying that this would not be the update you would leave on your blog. My only offering is my help and my prayers. I know your Mom and family need you but please remember if there is anything, large or small, I can do please let me know. Tell your Mom and family how much we love them and how much we are praying for God to ease their worries, pain, and to give your Mom the fight we know she has to battle this cancer.

Anonymous said...

Danielle and family,
We were so hoping to hear something more positive. (I've been glued to this blog) I don't even know what to say, except I'm sorry that all this is happening to your mom and family. We can't understand many things, but have faith that some day we'll have a full understanding. Once again, I'm soooooo sorry!!!!
Your friend,
Denise, Kevin, Carson, Collin, and Lillian

Anonymous said...

THE WEAVER

My life is but a weaving
Between the Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He works steadily.
Oftentimes he weaves sorrow,
Aand I in foolish pride
Forget Hes sees the upper
And I, the underside.
Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
Author Unknown

Anonymous said...

Danielle, We are so sorry that the outcome of the biopsy was not what anyone wanted to hear. We offer you our hope and prayers for the best outcome possible. Miracles do happen, put faith in the Lord that He will allow what is best for your Mom and your family. We continue to keep you in thoughts and prayers. Stay positive.

Anonymous said...

Dear Danielle-
I am so sorry the outcome of your mothers biopsy was not as good as hoped. My heart goes out to you and your family and I can't imagine how hard this must be. Your mother sounds like an amazing woman. We will continue to say prayers for her and your family. If you need anything big or small in C-bus, please don't hesitate to ask. We miss you!
Love-Suzanne