Last night I finally slept. I went tosleep after being awake for a little over 40 hours straight. After a good night sleep with a little help of ambien, I am feeling OK. I am still in shock that this is my new reality for my Mom but we are all OK. I spoke with Chris last night to check in with all the kids and just hear a little normalcy. I explained to him that yesterday morning I was frightened, scared, paniced and I was this way because I dreaded the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. So there I laid in bed talking to Chris about how 12 hours from that morning I had the worst diagnosis for her but I had peace. I did not have peace the past two days. I had peace that I know we are blessed to have each other. I am blessed that she is my Mom. She really is the most amazing person and this diagnosis will not define her. We have rough road ahead but I believe I still have a future with her. I need to know that. I need HOPE!!!
So, I am heading back to the hospital. My mom has her stint surgery this morning. Please continue to pray for healing.
Our hope is to bring my Mom home tonight. I hope I am not asking a lot but my mom is the biggest believer in prayer. If you have the time would you please send a note or a card to her to let her know you are thinking and praying for her. I want her to know she has the world in her her corner!
her address
Marilyn Walsh
1369 Deepwood Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
I also want to thank you all for your emails and calls to me and Chris. I truly feel blessed to have you all in my life!
Love to you all!
Danielle
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Danielle,
I've already been praying and will continue to do so for your Mom and all of you. Keep me posted and call me anytime if you need to chat. I will drop your Mom a little card in the mail to lift her spirits. Let me know if there is anything you need. Take care of yourself.
Tammy
D,
As I sit here teary eyed and shaking I have to believe that if anyone can beat this it would be your mom. She is the essence of what is good, strong, God loving, and right in the world. I know you have lots of friends but please let me know if there is anything you or your family needs. Your bond with your mom is special, I've seen it and know it well. Be her positive guiding light as she has been for you for so many years. There are many time I can remember your mom handling our college scandles so much better than mine!! Just her overall belief that "you change what you can change and learn to accept the things you can't change". Not that she didn't worry, but she put a lot of faith in us and in God that He would keep us safe in the good ole days. Also remember you are only human. Put your faith in God that He will help heal all that needs healing. We are praying for her and tell her we love her. Take care of yourself.
Love,
Jen, Ryan Alex and Max
Danielle,
I am praying for your Mom, you and the rest of your family. I understand what you are going through with all of your thoughts and feelings. I went through the same emotions when we found out my dad had bladder cancer. Believe in hope and faith because that will get you through this.
I know I am far away, but if you need anything, please let me know
Luv,
Courtney
Post a Comment