Once again time escapes me. First of all, the rash she has is awful. Now, I don't think I am a hypochondriac.... but I would have been at every ER begging for drugs. This past year I went to Family Camp at Deer Valley and I got poison ivy on my eye lids, legs and arms....I went to the ER TWICE in one week!!! I don't deal well with itchy bumps. My Mom doesn't have a couple of patches like I did....It is over 80% of her body. Her skin turned a shade of purple. Of course she sees the positive that it is not on her face hands or feet. This reaction is caused from the study drug Laptinib. So who knows what we are going to do now. She will go back to Hillman Cancer Center for her regular chemo appointment on Thursday however she won't receive the treatment unless the rash is down. This could take awhile! In the mean time we breathe, again resigning ourselves that we will be shown the right path for her. I truly believe that God continues to show us the way. Yes...they might look like set backs but maybe they are meant to be there to show us a different path. The right path for her and us! I will update the blog tomorrow with the new plan from the doctor. In the meantime, we are thrilled that she went back to work for the first time yesterday and today. On Friday, My Mom & Dad will be visiting us in Columbus!! I am so excited for them to come!
Today is Ash Wednesday and the start of my Renew group. These women cared so much for my family with meals, carpooling and prayers while I was in Pittsburgh for the first 2 weeks. It was great to see them all again and share in our faith. I couldn't think of a better way to start the Lenten Season. I will be reading and rereading Psalm 51 during this time of repentance.
Here are some pictures from my visit this past weekend.
This is Maelyn, Tanya's daughter. They flew in this weekend to see my Mom. Isn't she beautiful!

This is the cake my Mom had for Holden! It was perfect!

On Saturday night we had a houseful. It was great to have so much fun with all our friends!
Danielle
No comments:
Post a Comment