Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nothing really to report this week! My family here in Columbus is finally well. It was rough for awhile but we are through it. I did not go into Pittsburgh this past weekend as I felt I could be putting my Mom at risk for the flu.
So last week she had a great week at school. I know she finds so much energy by being with her students and her co-workers. So, that is fantastic that she is back part time. She will always have to take Thursdays off due to chemotherapy and maybe one additional day to recover but in all she is back to her old routine.
I was wrong in my last post about being off chemo every fourth week. She is off the gemcitabine but not the lapatinib. That will be constant.
Other fabulous news would be that she went skiing this past Saturday. I know this probably doesn't surprise most of you. She is hoping to get a couple more ski weekends in before winter ends and I am hoping to get up there with her too. So, in all everything is wonderful, positive and good in my Mom's world. I feel very blessed that not only is she filled with peace but that she is having fun and continuing to find new adventures. That is the Mom I know and love!

Danielle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great seeing your mom
this past week. Glad to hear your
boys are recovering and hope all
is back to normal for you as well.

Have a blessed week and hope to see
you the next time you are in Pittsburgh.

Anonymous said...

Dear Danielle,

Your Mother is my hero!!!! Reading your blog today just reinforces my admiration of her! What a role model for all of us! I wouldn't expect her NOT to be enjoying herself. I have been trying to visit her...but she has been on the go so much!HA! I'll keep trying to see her. May GOD Bless you all. Love, Debbie Amore

Marita said...

Danielle,
I am inspired by your words and actions. You are truly faith-filled. I continue to pray for you and your Mom. I saw her after the Parish mission on Wednesday evening and we had a short chat.

GCubed said...

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to tell you that I can get your mom a RO water system at cost which is around $225 plus S&H. And it is not that hard to put in especially for your strappling young and handsome husband. This unit is the same one we have and would sell for $600. Call me when you get a chance.

Uncle "Shrek"

Anonymous said...

viagra for sale without a prescription lowest price viagra 2007 viagra hmo viagra australia new viagra does viagra work buy cheap viagra online buy viagra meds online buy viagra australian women taking viagra buy viagra on line how viagra works viagra 6 free samples 2007 viagra hmo