Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It has been a good week. Last Thursday my Mom had Chemo. Every time she goes to Hillman Cancer Center the first thing they do is run her blood work. They are checking her white blood cell count, platelets, and liver panel. I am sure most of you know that this all started back on New Year's Eve when my Mom had a liver panel done and her AST & ALT were in the 500 & 900's. Normal levels are around 45. So this past blood work showed her liver is functioning back at normal levels. Yeah! The only downside has been that her white blood cell count is dropping. Normal WBC ranges from 4.2 - 10. Two weeks ago she was 9.7 and this past Thursday she was 4.1. She is able to receive chemo as long as she is above 3.8. We have heard from everyone that chemo is a delicate balance. The chemo is undiscriminating and it kills not only the bad cells but the good cells. So we will have to see what happens this Thursday. Donna Kaufman will be taking my Mom to Chemo tomorrow. Please pray that her numbers will be high enough to receive treatment.


I had a great trip in this past weekend. I was not able to go in until Saturday morning due to an ice storm but it was still pretty productive. One of the things I am working on is a family history book. My Mom and I have been planning on doing this since last summer. My Mom and her Mom were both only children so I don't have any family on that side nor has anything been written down. I also have not met many people on my Dad's side. Just this past weekend my Dad starting giving me some family history....I didn't know I had any. So that is my new mission. I want to know as much as possible. I want the stories...I want the knowledge beyond my Mom and Dad. Chris, my husband, has such amazing documentation of his family. You can see his maternal grandfather's family tree here. I am under the 9th child Edwin. Isn't that tree amazing! I know I won't be able to create anything this elaborate or detailed but I am looking forward to creating something!
This Friday Chris will be joining me in Pittsburgh. My good friends, Denise & Kevin Moore, will be taking Cole & Brodie for the weekend. Chris and I are looking forward to a good work weekend. We will be doing a little weekend warrior work. We will be ripping out carpets this week and laying hardwoods in 2 weeks. We are both looking forward to tackling this project! I will take pictures along the way!
Here are some pics from the past week!

I am working on my Family History book. The above picture is my Dad at his eighth grade graduation. I believe he is 11 years old.


This is my Mom with her mother

Holden wears his boots all day in the house. He loves Thomas the train and these boots have Thomas all over them.

Being that I am one of three girls and have always been a girly girl, having my three boys continues to make me laugh. They love to dress up as characters and ninja fight each other. Brodie is on the right and his good buddy Christopher Reynolds is on the left.

I will update tomorrow with my Mom's chemo appointment.

Danielle

No comments: